Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
With great reluctance Riverside has taken the decision to suspend temporarily the CPD programme. The way in which organisations deliver CPD events has changed radically in the last two years and we need to reconsider how we can best contribute in this very changed environment. We will provide a further update in due course.
Stage One Certificate Course
Meets the BACP Core Competences for those wanting to work with Young People aged 11+. Click here to see the flyer.
You may be aware that both the BACP and UKCP require those working with young people under the age of 18, who are adult trained or undertaking an adult training, to have evidence that they have acquired the competences to work safely, with young people.
The Aim of this training:
Is to provide you with the knowledge and skills to work with adolescents of secondary school age alongside enabling you to develop the capacity to reflect on your practice and think with others about the clinical work.
The course will be online except for most Saturday dates. The dates are:
- Monday 24th January – Ethical and Professional Practice
- Monday 28th February – Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Saturday 12th March – Risk Assessments
- Monday 28th March – Child and Adolescent Development and Transitions
- Monday 25th April – Communication with Young People
- Monday 23rd May – Beginnings and Endings with Young People
- Saturday 11th June – Mental Health and Young People
- Monday 27th June – Working in the Context of the Counselling Setting
Directions and parking for when training days are face to face
Enter The Meeting House through the metal gate to the right of the building and walk down a short alleyway where you enter through a green door to the left.
Please note that there is only limited parking at The Meeting House, therefore you may wish to investigate alternative parking in Henley and give yourself ample time to reach us. Participants in the past have parked at the Henley Rugby Football Club or Waitrose (up to 3 hours) in the town centre, both have pay and display parking.