Riverside Therapy Group
Participating in a therapy group can be extremely beneficial especially if you are having difficulties in your relationships with others, lack confidence, cannot express yourself, get into conflict, repeat similar unhelpful patterns of behaviour with others, dislike groups, but would rather feel more comfortable in them. These are just some of the issues a group can help with. It can build on individual counselling. It may be challenging, but if you stick with it, you will feel more comfortable, and in the supportive atmosphere of the group, come to express your issues with others, learn that they may not see you as you fear, and develop your confidence to become more yourself with other people.
If you are interested in participating in a therapy group you will be invited to meet with the group facilitator to help inform your decision about whether or not the group is appropriate to your needs.
Group therapy may provide:
- Support in a compassionate and understanding environment
- A sounding board for difficulties you may have
- Help and support to resolve difficulties
- A sense of not being alone, and an awareness of others problems
- Hope that things can change
- Understanding of yourself through communication
As well as helping you to:
- Develop your empathy and provide an opportunity to help others
- Increase your confidence in relating to people how you really want to
- Develop your inter-personal skills
- Discover that others may not feel about you the way you think they do
- Learn different ways of relating so you get more out of relationships
When – weekly, 90 minute group, Tuesdays 19:15 to 20:45
Where – Wallingford , The Ridgeway Community Church, St Marys Street , OX10 0EW
Cost – £20 per group if employed, £5 per group if unemployed
This group is currently on hold until we can meet face to face.
Do you ever feel that you’ve lost touch with who you are? Life today is getting busier and more stressful. It’s easy to lose touch with what makes us happy as we try to keep on top of everything.
This is a time limited focused group which looks at important areas for feeling good, such as managing stress and anger, self-esteem and relationships.
When: Block of weekly evening sessions
Where: The Berin Centre, Berinsfield
Cost: No fee